WHOA.com is looking for a highly motivated and solution oriented Sales Engineer to provide expertise and consultation throughout the customer life cycle. Our Sales Engineers must be able to listen to customer challenges, ask deeper questions and architect solutions that solve problems for their companies.
About You: You’re looking for the opportunity to bring your technical experience, sales solutioning experience and knowledge of the Cloud market to a best-in-class cloud company with a crystal clear value proposition, incredible team, and amazing culture.
You will contribute to the successful evolution of the entire sales life-cycle:
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for WHOA.com cloud solutions while continuously improving the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to technical wins.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Respond professionally to functional and technical requirements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Provide correct technical expectations of WHOA solutions
- Conduct demonstrations of our cloud product, including defining, tracking and managing success criteria.
- Convey customer feedback/requirements to Product Management and Engineering while also utilizing client-facing experience to help advocate and provide insight for future needs.
- Build stellar relationships with our Sales, Technical Account Management, Training, and Product teams as well as our business partners and customers as we look to foster a strong community environment.
- Provide ongoing customer feedback and competitive intelligence to WHOA.com’s product leadership team.
- Participate in the most current trainings, certifications and self-study needed to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective.
- Perform cloud solution reviews on a consistent basis post sale
- Contribution to Marketing efforts with Social Media, White Papers, Blogs, etc..
- Training the sales team on an ongoing basis
DESIRED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 3 – 6+ years relevant experience successfully solutioning and supporting cloud hosting/infrastructure products to IT organizations.
- Previous experience in a pre or post-sales engineering or technical support position.
- Industry experience working with cloud hosting, virtualization, VMware, etc..
- Understanding of systems management products used to manage cloud infrastructure, such as: VMware – vCenter, vCloud, DRS, vMotion
- Good practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures including but not limited to Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancing, Security – DDOS, IDS/IPS, WAF, Log Management, Monitoring, Windows & Linux OS, Backups, Snaps and DR
- The ability to take complex concepts and technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate architecture into easy to understand post call notes.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize based off company’s objectives.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Organization is a firm must.
- Must be able to communicate comfortably at any level of leadership: Sys Admin up to C-suite.
We pride ourselves in hiring motivated and creative individuals who love what they do. If learning by doing, helping others solve tough problems, and working at a fast pace modern sales organization are important to you, come join WHOA!
- Competitive compensation with Early Stage Company Stock Options.
- Professional and team-oriented with a fun working environment.
- Position based in Hollywood FL office. Travel expectation includes on location with customer and potential customer.