WHOA.com’s Cyber Secure Cloud Platform (CSCP) Renews HIPAA Compliance
WHOA Secure Cloud continues its commitment to compliance and security providing businesses new options for meeting HIPAA compliance standards
November 14, 2017, HOLLYWOOD, FL—Secure cloud provider WHOA.com announced that its cloud computing architecture has once again been verified as being compliant with HIPAA’s Security and Privacy Rules following an updated independent audit.
What This Means
For companies in the healthcare industry, meeting HIPAA rules for safeguarding information and protecting the privacy of patient healthcare data is a must. WHOA’s secure cloud architecture is designed from the ground up to protect information security and privacy—including measures to:
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of “electronic protected health information” (e-PHI) that companies receive, maintain, and/or transmit.
- Identify and protect against reasonably anticipated threats to security/integrity of e-PHI data.
- Prevent reasonably anticipated impermissible use/disclosure of e-PHI information.
- Ensure compliance by the healthcare company’s workforce.
How WHOA.com Empowers HIPAA Compliance
The guidelines of the HIPAA standard for security and privacy of information are quite broad. WHOA helps empower compliance for healthcare providers by giving them access to:
- Secure Cloud-Based Infrastructure. WHOA’s secure clouds are built from the ground up to provide strong security using industry-leading technology. From best-in-class firewall, to strong data encryption, antivirus & malware protection systems, WHOA’s cloud is purpose-built for protecting data against threats.
- Advanced Intrusion Prevention Systems. With WHOA’s Threat Observation PlatformTM, healthcare companies can see all of the threats to their data, including attack type, point of origin, and severity of the threat.
- Suite of Security Services. WHOA’s secure cloud ensures HIPAA compliance services inclusive of Web Application Firewall, Patch Management, File Integrity Monitoring, and Encryption.
- Suite of Compliance Services. WHOA’s HIPAA compliance offerings include a portal where customers can complete and manage their annual HIPAA SRA, as well as policy templates and training options so they can ensure their operations become and remain compliant. The compliance offerings also include vulnerability scanning and penetration testing services, as well as professional services and CISO-as-a-Service offerings to further help customers that may not have the expertise or available staff to manage this type of program.
Using these and other tools from WHOA.com, healthcare providers can meet their HIPAA compliance needs, all while protecting themselves and healthcare patients from ever present and growing Internet threats.
“WHOA.com continues to demonstrate its commitment to keeping its operations audited and compliant under the HIPAA regulations to ensure that we stand ready to help customers with their own HIPAA requirements,” said John Christly, WHOA.com’s Chief Information Security Officer, Chief of Compliance, and HIPAA Security Officer. “This illustrates how WHOA.com is dedicated to the healthcare industry as a whole by successfully remaining HIPAA Compliant on all of our Cyber Secure Cloud Platforms. We continue to ensure that our HIPAA-based solutions are tangible and transparent as we have dedicated ourselves to protect the most critical Protected Health Information for our customers and the patients whose data they are entrusted with.”
WHOA.com is a leader in next-generation ISO 27001: 2013, HIPAA, and PCI DSS 3.2 secure cloud solutions. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class secure cloud services for business including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Cloud Storage, Disaster Recovery, Security, and Compliance.
The WHOA.com Cyber Secure Cloud Platform™ (CSCP) is the only cloud that combines an enterprise-grade architecture featuring multiple Tier IV data centers and a security configuration with predictive analytics, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention. Our multi-layered approach to security provides you with unprecedented threat protection to ensure the compliance of your entire cloud footprint.
The WHOA.com Threat Observation PlatformTM is a one-of-a-kind tool designed for our Secure Cloud customers providing visibility and transparency into cloud security. Our intuitive platform monitors threat severity, displays the total number of threats blocked, and shows where threats originated, by country and IP address.
Fortify your cybersecurity today with WHOA.com’s advanced security features.
You can also follow @WhoaCloud on Twitter or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook for more information about WHOA.com, its partners, and technologies
To learn more, visit www.WHOA.com or call toll free 877-700-WHOA.