WHOA.com Hosts South Florida Corporate Security Symposium
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Domestic Security Alliance Council jointly facilitate the symposium.
Over 200 private and public sector colleagues met at the South Florida Corporate Security Symposium held on August 22, 2017 at the Jacaranda Country Club, in Plantation, FL.
This symposium featured speakers from the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Bureau of Investigation, other U.S. Government entities, state and local agencies, and the private sector.
Speakers addressed a wide range of homeland security topics including: Cyber Threats, Cyber Mitigations and Response, Domestic Terrorism, International Terrorism, and Insider Threats.
The event agenda included opening remarks from Mark Amarant, Chairman and CEO, WHOA.com followed by:
- Domestic Terrorism Threat Brief – Homeland Threats Division, I&A, DHS
- International Terrorism Threat Brief – National Counterterrorism Center, FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Insider Threat Discussion – Counterintelligence Referent Branch, Counterintelligence Programs Division, I&A, DHS
- Economic Espionage: Private Sector Partnerships, FBI
- Counterintelligence from a Corporate Standpoint: Security Services, CB&I Federal Services
- Cyber Threat Overview – Cyber Division, I&A, DHS
- US Secret Service Collaboration in the Cyber Arena
- Cyber Mitigation and Response Panel Discussion
- Behavioral Observation in a Security Environment
- Homeland Security Starts with Hometown Security
- Insider Threat – Case Study
The event is undertaken in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Intelligence and Analysis, Private Sector Engagement and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.