WHOA Secure Cloud gives businesses new options for meeting HIPAA compliance standards
October 12, 2016, HOLLYWOOD, FL—Secure cloud provider WHOA.com announced that its cloud computing architecture has been verified as being compliant with HIPAA’s Security and Privacy Rulesfollowing an independent audit.
What This Means
For companies in the healthcare industry, meeting HIPAA rules for safeguarding information and protecting the privacy of patient healthcare data is a must. WHOA’s secure cloud architecture is designed from the ground up to protect information security and privacy—including measures to:
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of “electronic protected health information” (e-PHI) that companies receive, maintain, and/or transmit.
- Identify and protect against reasonably anticipated threats to security/integrity of e-PHI data.
- Prevent reasonably anticipated impermissible use/disclosure of e-PHI information.
- Ensure compliance by the healthcare company’s workforce.
How WHOA.com Empowers Compliance
The guidelines of the HIPAA standard for security and privacy of information are quite broad. WHOA helps empower compliance for healthcare providers by giving them access to:
- Secure Cloud-Based Infrastructure. WHOA’s secure clouds are built from the ground up to provide strong security using industry-leading technology. From best-in-class firewall, to strong data encryption, antivirus & malware protection systems, WHOA’s cloud is purpose-built for protecting data against threats.
- Advanced Intrusion Prevention Systems. With WHOA’s Threat Observation Platform, healthcare companies can see all of the threats to their data, including attack type, point of origin, and severity of the threat.
- Suite of Security Services. WHOA’s secure cloud ensures HIPAA compliance services inclusive of Vulnerability Scans, Pen Tests, WAF, Patch Management, File Integrity Monitoring, and Encryption.
Using these and other tools from WHOA, healthcare providers can meet their HIPAA compliance needs, all while protecting themselves and healthcare patients from ever present and growing Internet threats.
“This illustrates how WHOA.com is dedicated to Patient HealthCare and the Healthcare Industry as a whole by successfully becoming HIPAA Compliant on all of our Cyber Secure Cloud Platforms,” said Scott Williams, WHOA’s Healthcare Specialist/Cloud Visionary. “It adds formality to reality by making our HIPAA-based solution tangible and transparent as we have dedicated ourselves to protect the most critical of all private data – Protected Health Information – for our customers and their patients.”
WHOA.com is a leader in next-generation ISO 27001, HIPAA, and PCI DSS 3.1 secure cloud solutions. We offer a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class secure cloud services for business including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Cloud Storage, Disaster Recovery, Security, and Compliance. The WHOA.com Cyber Secure Cloud Platform™ (CSCP) is the only cloud that combines an enterprise-grade architecture featuring multiple Tier IV data centers and a security configuration with predictive analytics, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention. Our multi-layered approach to security provides you with unprecedented threat protection to ensure the compliance of your entire cloud footprint.
To learn more, visit www.WHOA.com or call toll free 877-700-WHOA.